B.Sc Zoology, Microbiology
Mount Carmel College offers innovative and inter-disciplinary dual major programmes in the scientific disciplines of Microbiology and Zoology within a vibrant and stimulating community where knowledge is constantly imparted and exchanged. The programme aims to mould the conventional bachelors into a more holistic science education experience, bringing together microbial and animal sciences. Our students are encouraged to take part in research activities, thus providing them a symbiotic environment of education and research.
|I||Cytology, Genetics & Infectious Diseases||25|
|Open Elective: Economic Zoology||3|
|II||Biochemistry & Physiology||25|
|Open Elective: Parasitology||3|
|III||Molecular Biology, Bioinstrumentation & Techniques in Biology||25|
|Open Elective: Endocrinology||3|
|IV||Gene Technology, Immunology & Computational Biology||24|
|Semester||Course Title||LTP||Credits||CIA||ESE||Total Marks|
|NEP I||DSC-1:General microbiology||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|OE-1 The Invisible World of Microorganisms||2:0:2||3||40||60||100|
|NEP II||DSC-2: Microbial Biochemistry and Physiology||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|DSClab-2: Microbial Biochemistry and Physiology Lab||0:0:3||2||25||25|
|OE-2 Microbes and the Environment||2:0:2||3||40||60||100|
|NEP III||DSC-3: Microbial Diversity||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|DSClab-3:Microbial Diversity Lab||0:0:3||2||25||25|
|OE-2 Microbiology of Food||2:0:2||3||40||60||100|
|NEP IV||DSC-4:Microbial Enzymology and Metabolism||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|DSClab-4: Lab Microbial Enzymology and Metabolism||0:0:3||2||25||25|
|NEP V||DSC-5:Microbial Genetics and Molecularbiology||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|DSClab-5:Microbial Genetics and Molecularbiology||0:0:3||2||25||25|
|DSC-6:Immunology and Medical Microbiology||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|DSC-lab6: Immunology and Medical Microbiology||0:0:3||2||25||25|
|NEP VI||DSC-7: Food and Dairy Microbiology||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|DSC-lab7: Food and Dairy Microbiology||0:0:3||2||25||25|
|DSC-8: Industrial Microbiology and Bioprocess Technology||4:0:0||4||40||60||150|
|DSClab-8: Industrial Microbiology and Bioprocess Technology||0:0:3||2||25||25|
- Qualify IIT-JAM exam, GATE exam - To do M.Sc. /Integrated PhD in IISc or IIT’s.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. With DMLT – Laboratory technician
- MBA /PGDM (CAT exam).
- Government exams - UPSC, SSC, Defence services, Bank.
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industries- Biocon, Syngene, Clingene, Cadila, Glaxo Smith Kline, Serum India Ltd. etc.
- Academia (Colleges & Universities) - National and international.
- Clinical (Diagnostic) Laboratories - National and international.
- Private hospitals.
- Research organizations - National and international.
- Environmental agencies - TERI, ATREE
- Food industry- ITC, Dabur, Himalaya
- Beverage industry- Kingfisher, Sula Wines
- Chemical industries - Analytical and quality control.
- Agriculture department - IIHR, GKVK
- Dairy industry - Nandini Dairy
- Government sector