Head of DepartmentDr. Sneha N, Assistant Professor, M.T.A, NET, Ph.D.
- To produce young dynamic women graduates with empowerment, entrepreneurial skills ethics and values to excel and compete successfully in the competitive global environment of customer-oriented hospitality and service industry
- To imbibe the concept – “CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH A SMILE” as our motto
We strive to achieve the overall development of the students with time management, values and professionalism through a desire to excel in the hospitality and service industry through teaching, interactive sessions, research and service.
The subjects are divided into two categories, the general component, and the skill component. Subjects without practicals are called the general component and subjects with practical’s are called skill components.
More weightage is given to practicals in comparison to theory since it is a vocational course. Students who have taken this course need not do any additional second language.
The subjects are intended to cover the core tourism and hospitality subjects. They will equip the students to carry out professional tourism and allied activities in India and abroad with specialized skills from a tourism industry perspective.
Students can exit on the completion of the first year and will receive a Diploma Certificate with 60 credits. They can get re-admitted for the second year at a later date and exit on completing two years with 120 credits enabling them to get Advanced Diploma Certificate. Students will receive the Bachelor of Vocational Course in Hospitality and Tourism (BHT) degree on the successful completion of three years with 180 credits.
10+2 Pass with 60% marks. Students must be proficient with General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Note: Following are compulsory as per Bengaluru City University for course completion
- Students must undertake a compulsory Educational Tour to write the Tour Report in the first year. Students will not be allowed to take the supplementary practical exam in the following year without undertaking the educational tour organized by the Department of Travel & Tourism. An undertaking for the same will be collected from the students and parents.
- Students must undertake 06 weeks Summer Internship after second-year final exams and submit an Internship Report with a Certificate and Performance Appraisal given by the Organization. Students will not be allowed to take the supplementary practical exam in the following year without undertaking the internship program in tourism organizations for the specified period.
- All students have to wear a uniform with blazers for the prescribed practical classes.
Testing and Evaluation
CONTINUOUS INTERNAL ASSESSMENT 50 Marks
END SEMESTER EXAMINATION 50 Marks
END SEMESTER PRACTICAL EXAM 50 Marks
TOTAL 150 Marks
Continuous Internal Assessment includes: Attendance 05 marks
Test 30 marks
Assignment/project 15 marks
Total 50 marks
End Semester Theory Examination: 50 Marks – Two Hour Duration.
End Semester Practical exam: 50 marks Batch-wise (Record/Report and Viva Voce)
End semester theory paper will be divided into three parts- Section A, B, and C.
Section A: It contains 06 questions and students answer any 04 questions (4×2=8 Marks) Section B: It contains 05 questions and students answer any 03 questions (3×4=12 Marks) Section C: It contains 05 questions and students answer any 03 questions (3×10=30 Marks)
BACHELOR OF VOCATIONAL HOSPITALITY & TOURISMBHT Course Matrix for the Batch of 2021 Onwards
|Course code||Course Title||Credits T+P||Marks||Total Marks|
|VHT1BC||Business Communication I||03+00||100|
|VHT1TAO||Travel Agency Operations||02+06||150|
|VHT1TG||Tourism Geography I||02+06||150||650|
|VHT3FA||Fundamentals of Accountancy||03+00||100|
|VHT3TR1||Tourism Resources I||02+04||150|
|VHT3FO||Front Office Operations||02+04||150|
|VHT3ETR||Educational Tour Report||00+06||50||700|
|VHT5EEC||Entrepreneurship & Enterprise Creation||03+00||100|
|VHT5TPR||Tourism Policy & Research||02+04||150|
|VHT5EHMI||Hospitality Management I||02+04||150|
|VHT5SIR||Summer Internship Report||00+06||50||700|
|VHT2BC||Business Communication II||03+00||100|
|VHT2TG||Tourism Geography II||02+06||150|
|VHT2CSE||Customer Service & Etiquettes||02+06||150|
|VHT4AA||Advanced Accountancy in Tourism||03+00||100|
|VHT4TR2||Tourism Resources II||02+04||150|
|VHT4ACT||Amadeus CRS Training||00+06||50||700|
|VHT6HRM||Human Resource Management||03+00||100|
|VHT6EHMII||Hospitality Management II||02+04||150|
|VHT6TRP||Tourism Research Paper||00+06||50||700|
|*Each Semester students get 30 Credits (12 Theory +18 Practicals)|
- BHT has great value addition in the current economy with the surge of employment opportunities both in India and abroad. Our students are well placed in the tourism and hospitality industry such as hotels, aviation, cargo, event management, travel agents and tour operators, and other allied sectors.
- Our tourism students are the overall championship winners in all the tourism colleges across Bengaluru for the leading National level tourism fests in the country.
- Department events are Ire-Festum the annual Inter-Collegiate National Fest, Workshops like Hitch-a-Ride and 8th continent, Symposiums, International Conferences, Seminars, Webinars, Guest Lectures, and more.
- Active association with India Tourism, Bengaluru, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, Travel Agents Association of India, Shangri-La Hotel, Uniglobe Bharath International Travel Ltd, FCM Travel Solutions, Equations, etc.
- Project-Based Reports
- Internship and Placement support
- Online GDS Training
- Industrial Training: Vocational training by industry partner Shangri-La Hotel
- Educational tours and Field trips
- Implant Skill Centre Vocational training
The Department of Travel and Tourism hopes to prepare the students for a fruitful career by availing job opportunities in a wide spectrum of Hospitality & Tourism Industry.
- To equip them with the skills as per NSQF level
- To enable the students to understand the micro and macro environment that affects the hospitality & tourism business
- To encourage students to develop an analytical attitude and an integrated approach with Service to Customer as the motto
- To equip students with the latest e-commerce skills
- To give a hands-on experience through practical CRS training on Amadeus First Class Package Mundus
- To enable industry partner interface in tourism, hospitality, and management-related subjects.