This program is a UGC-sponsored vocational programme and approved by the Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council. They simultaneously offer skill training as per the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) under National Skill Development Corporation with Multiple Exit and Entry option designed to introduce the students to the various areas of the Hospitality & Tourism allied sectors. This course enables the students to experience a plethora of avenues to explore various sectors of travel and tourism sectors with skill based training to handle the customer service in dynamic industry. Students will graduate in three years course, which equips them with skills for sectors ranging from travel agency, tour operations, hotel industry, MNCs, Multispecialty hospitals organising medical tourism, entrepreneurs, travel journalists, jobs in airline and airports, academic areas with teaching and research. Our alumni are successful in all of the above areas of jobs. Students who opt for this program will study under the Department of Travel & Tourism.
Duration : 3 Years
Level : Under Graduation Degree Programme
Eligibility : 10 + 2 in any Stream
Cut off: 60%
- To produce young dynamic women graduates with empowerment, entrepreneurial skills ethics and values to excel and compete successfully in the competitive global environment of customer-oriented hospitality and service industry
- To imbibe the concept – “CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH A SMILE” as our motto
We strive to achieve the overall development of the students with time management, values and professionalism through a desire to excel in the hospitality and service industry through teaching, interactive sessions, research and service.
Head of Department
Dr. Lalitha Krishnamurthy,
HOD & Associate Professor, M.com, A-IATA, Ph.D.
Email : email@example.com
COURSE MATRIX FOR NEP BHT COURSE 2023-2026 BATCH
|Semester||Course Code||Course Title||Credits (T + P)||Total Marks|
|C2||Tourism Geography I||4+2|
|C3||Front Office Operations||3+2|
|OE - I||Open Elective||3|
|SEC 1||Environment Studies||2|
|VBC||Health Wellness & Yoga||2||30|
|II||C4||Travel Agency Operations||4+2|
|C5||Tourism Geography II||4+2|
|OE - II||Open Elective||3|
|SEC 2||Digital Fluency||3||30|
|UG Certificate in Hospitality & Tourism||60|
|III||C7||Fundamentals of Accountancy||4+2|
|C9||Customer Service & Etiquette||3+2|
|OE - III||Open Elective||3|
|SEC 3||AI/Cyber Security||2|
|IV||C10||Advanced Accountancy in Tourism||4+2|
|OE - IV||Open elective/Indian Constitution||3|
|SEC 3||AI/Cyber Security||3||29|
|UG Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism||120|
|V||C13||Tourism Resources I||4+2|
|C15||Tourism Policy & Research||4+2|
|DSE 1||Air Cabin Crew Management||3+2|
|DSE 2||Hospitality Management||3+2|
|SEC 3||Amadeus CRS Training||2||30|
|VI||C16||Tourism Resources II||4+2|
|B.Voc Hospitality & Tourism||180|
|VII||C19||Human Resources Management||4|
|DSE 5||Airport Services||3+2|
|VIII||C24||Entrepreneurship & Enterprise Creation||4|
|DSE 6||Cargo Management||4+2|
|B.Voc Hospitality & Tourism Honours||240|
- BHT has great value addition in the current economy with the surge of employment opportunities both in India and abroad. Our students are well placed in the tourism and hospitality industry such as hotels, aviation, cargo, event management, travel agents and tour operators, and other allied sectors.
- Our tourism students are the overall championship winners in all the tourism colleges across Bengaluru for the leading National level tourism fests in the country.
- Department events are Ire-Festum the annual Inter-Collegiate National Fest, Workshops like Hitch-a-Ride and 8th continent, Symposiums, International Conferences, Seminars, Webinars, Guest Lectures, and more.
- Active association with India Tourism, Bengaluru, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, Travel Agents Association of India, Shangri-La Hotel, Uniglobe Bharath International Travel Ltd, FCM Travel Solutions, Equations, etc.
- Project-Based Reports
- Internship and Placement support
- Online GDS Training
- Industrial Training: Vocational training by industry partner Shangri-La Hotel
- Educational tours and Field trips
- Implant Skill Centre Vocational training