Head of DepartmentMs. Renju K Associate Professor, MCA, M.Phil.
- The Department of Computer Science, envisions a skill based technical education that empowers the students through necessary domain knowledge and prepare them to meet the dynamic challenges in order to deliver high quality services for the betterment of the society.
- To provide quality and career-oriented education to empower the human potential in service to Industry and Society.
- To foster an environment with excellence and diversity by conducting awareness programs, seminars, workshops to make them socially conscious and responsible women.
- To emulate self- development and self-actualization.
- To inculcate the right attitude and aptitude to be socio-economically responsible women.
PO2: Develop language skills for effective oral and technical communication in business environment.
PO3: Explore hardware, operating systems, open source software, application packages and other resources in order to use it effectively to design, develop and deploy applications.
PO4: Inculcate the ability of problem solving, life-long learning and work in teams effectively in the societal context.
PO5: Identify, select, formulate and apply appropriate techniques, use relevant resources and design optimal solutions to real-time problems.
PO6: Equip with moral values and professional ethics to take-up responsibilities and reach out to the societal needs.
GENERAL STRUCTUREDuring the first four semesters, the focus is on fundamental principles and concepts in computing by providing Mathematical Foundation, Basics of Statistics, Accounting, Business communication, Digital principles, Problem solving techniques and algorithmic processes to understand, create, test and transform information. In the next two semesters the focus is on engineering considerations, system design, development and applications. The first four semesters have one English and one Language in Part I, three core courses and two lab–oriented papers in Part II, one Additional Course such as Ability Enhancement /Interdisciplinary/ Skill Enhancement Course and Value education in Part III. The V and VI semesters have core courses, elective courses, and lab-oriented papers with a mini project and Value Education. Electives are offered in the fifth and sixth semesters to streamline the students based on their area of interest. The project emphasize on complete understanding, analyzing, designing, developing, maintaining primarily business, information systems and on recent trends in computing. The course content is regularly updated to keep pace with IT sector.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTSSemester 1 & Semester 2: Departmental: Three Core courses with Two practical components, One Language course, One English course and Two Additional Courses Semester 3: Departmental: Three Core courses with Two practical components, One Language course, One English course and One Interdisciplinary Course Semester 4: Departmental: Three Core courses with Two practical components, One Language course, One English course and One Skill Enhancement Course Semester 5: Departmental: Four Core courses, One Elective Course, Two Practical components, One project and One Additional Course Semester 6: Departmental: Three Core courses, One Elective Course, Two Practical components, One major project and One Additional Course TOTAL Credits: 140
TESTING AND EVALUATION
- Eligibility: Students who have completed two years Pre-University (10+2) Course of Karnataka or equivalent examination are eligible to apply for admission to BCA Degree Programme.
- Duration of the Course: Three academic years consisting of six semesters.
- Medium of Instruction: The medium of Instruction and Examination shall be in English.
- Evaluation Procedure for courses with Practicals:
a) Continuous Internal Assessment for theory (CIA) : 30 Marks
One test 15 Assignments / Projects / GK & Quiz / Presentations 10 Attendance 5 Total 30 Pre-final test 10 Attendance 5 Total 15
- Evaluation Procedure for courses without Practicals:
a) Continuous Internal Assessment for theory (CIA) : 50 Marks
One test 30 Assignments / Projects / GK & Quiz / Presentations 15 Attendance 5 Total 50
- Evaluation Procedure for core Projects I & II
V Semester Project I :
a) Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) : 30 Marks
Review – I 10 Marks Pre-final Test 15 Marks Attendance 05 Marks Total 30 Marks Review – I 20 Marks Pre-final Test 25 Marks Attendance 05 Marks Total 50 Marks