- To inculcate knowledge realizing biotechnology as one of the greatest intellectual enterprises of humankind, utilizing them to the advantage of humanity.
- To provide hands on training in instrumentation and techniques through scheduled laboratory procedures , experiments and in-house research projects.
- To organize training programs in advanced techniques for students.
- To organize visits to laboratories and industries of national repute to familiarize with current research technologies.
- To provide research projects to students and guide them to address and focus more on societal needs.
- To mould the students for a career in R & D.
- To improve the physical infrastructure by improvising the existing equipments and providing the required facilities.
- To provide knowledge resources to build up the academic excellence for students and teachers.
- To Provide entrepreneurship programs as part of the curriculum.
To develop academic and research orientation among the students, shaping biotechnology into a premier precision tool for the future and ensure that biotechnology is used for human welfare.
Head of the Department
Dr. Preetha Nair, Associate Prof., M.Sc., PDF, Ph.D.
Single Major Program
Dual Major Program
- The department of Biotechnology has an active association named ‘Biogeniac’ that regularly publishes newsletters on topics that are in trend.
- It also organizes multiple activities at intra and inter collegiate levels.
- Community Development Programme on health awareness, covid vaccination awareness at old age homes and education service at government schools and children with special needs.
- Approval from Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS), with the support of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology to start PG diploma course called BiSEP (Biotechnology skill enhancement program), 2018.
- Dr Preetha Nair- INNO INDIGO* Partnership Programme Joint Call on Bioeconomy (CDTI (Spain) and GITA (India) funding under CDTI-DST(GITA) Program) Representing Academic partner from India; Mount Carmel College, 2018.
- MoU with companies Biozeen, Bionome, Credora, MMS university.
Dr. Preetha Nair
HOD & Associate Professor
Ms. Telphy Kuriakose
Dr. Sindhu Anoop
Dr. Bannhi Das
Ms. Sandhya K S
Ms. Thejaswi Bhandary
Anupriyadarshini H V