The research strategy of Mount Carmel College, Autonomous covers all major academic disciplines. Faculty and students are actively involved in research, as the College is
- Committed to research in key areas across Science, Humanities, Commerce, and Management disciplines.
- Specially focused on areas like Commerce, Economics, English and Communication studies, Biotechnology, Botany, Life Science, Chemistry, Electronics and Nanotechnology, Mathematics, Home Science (Food Science and Nutrition and Human Development), Energy, Environment, Materials, and Fashion Design and Interior Design Management.
- The college is also involved in carrying out research projects related to societal issues like rural healthcare, cleaning Bellandur Lake, Solid waste management, and e-waste management.
Establish a state-of-the-art multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, and co-disciplinary research institute in a dynamic, competitive, and vibrant environment.
- Provide excellent research culture and infrastructure
- Serve as a platform for strong interdisciplinary collaborations and knowledge sharing
- Enhance the research capabilities of MCC by engaging faculty in research that integrates the education of a diverse population of students especially; first-generation learners and the underprivileged.
- Encourage and support socially relevant and need-based research coupled with human values.
- Provide a rich intellectual environment for collaborative research among faculty and students from various departments.
- Develop research and educational collaborations with the larger communities, including industry, minority serving colleges, and universities, other universities, and institutions of higher learning.
- Publish papers in high-quality journals of international repute
- Create quality human resources for scientific research
- Promote industrial collaborations involving active and mutually beneficial R & D projects as the College has been recognized by DSIR.
- Make MCC a renowned research institute with state-of-art facilities and a knowledge hub.
- Promote consultancy by Faculty members to address the societal, industrial, and scientific issues
- Taking up Major and Minor research projects funded by organizations like UGC, DBT, DST, DRDO, ISRO, ICMR, etc. to improve the infrastructure and research facilities.
- Taking consultancy projects from private and government firms.
- Encourage faculty and students to take up management funded research projects.
- Encourage faculty to file and obtain patents for their research findings.