Diploma Event Management
Students undertaking the Diploma in Event Management at Mount Carmel College are trained to explore and acquire an in-depth understanding of the episteme – Event Management. By putting in a conscious effort to impart knowledge about the field by reputed professors and lecturers, this program is designed to foster a culture wherein students’ talent is amplified with knowledge, technical training and guidance. Through rigorous evaluation patterns, our students are encouraged to put their skills to use and venture into the field of Event Management by enhancing their critical thinking abilities and sensibilities. This program fills the gap in understanding the entire process involved in organizing an event. It also helps in providing hands-on experience in service industry which is growing at high speed. The Curricular and Extracurricular activities are designed in a way to ensure that the students receive a holistic understanding through the curriculum.
- To provide a humanized process of education based on an amalgamation of science, technology and humanities contributing towards an improved quality of life.
- To sensitize the learner towards individual needs and group needs of family and society.
- To empower the learner with knowledge to build a healthy social environment.
- To enable them to identify professional and entrepreneurial opportunities in Home Science.
Head of Department
Dr. A. Sundaravalli
Major. Dr. Shantha Maria
Program RequirementsStudents who have completed pre-university or hold a bachelor’s degree in another field or non-professionals’ holding a work experience might consider completing a diploma certificate in event management.
Eligibility12th pass, passion for aptitude / work experience
ScopeBudding or senior Event Manager with any dedicated Event Management Consulting and organizing corporate house in India and abroad. ∙ Fashion industry, newspaper houses, Business Processing Outsourcing, the corporate sector, tourism, hotel industry and production houses are some of the sectors where there is requirement of an event manager ∙ As a coordinator and event manager in companies such as DNA Network, CNBC TV, Percept’ D mark, Mather and Oglivy.
EmployabilityEvent Legal executive ∙ Event (budgeting and finance) executive ∙ Public relations officer ∙ Event production head ∙ Event coordinator
2017 - 2018
- Architectural works with guest speaker: Ar. Smaran Mallesh on 1st September, 2017.
- Landscaping works, with guest speaker: Ar. Aditi. PaiHeranjal, Ar. Akshay Heranjal and Ar. Nishitha Bhatia on 11th January, 2017.
- Workshop on Furniture and Décor at Design Café, a renowned Architectural and Interior Design firm, Bengaluru, on 30th January, 2018.