Diploma Fashion Designing
Students undertaking the Diploma program in Fashion Designing at Mount Carmel College are trained to explore and acquire an in-depth understanding of the episteme – Fashion Designing. By putting in a conscious effort to impart knowledge about the field by reputed professors and lecturers, this program is designed to foster a culture wherein students’ talent is amplified with knowledge, technical training and guidance. As the country is moving towards building a SKILLED INDIA, the Garment industry is exponentially booming and is next to the agriculture sector which will create employability and entrepreneurship across the country. Each individual can find a niche for one self- based on the skill and capability. National Skill Development Council has recognised apparel as one of the important sectors. The institution joins in this mission of skilling and empowering young women. Through rigorous evaluation patterns, our students are encouraged to put their skills to use and venture into the field of Fashion Designing by enhancing their critical thinking abilities and sensibilities. The program ensures that the students are equipped with this knowledge and expertise to work in dynamic environments. The Curricular and Extracurricular activities are designed in a way to ensure that the students receive a holistic understanding through the curriculum.
- To provide a humanized process of education based on an amalgamation of science, technology and humanities contributing towards an improved quality of life.
- To sensitize the learner towards individual needs and group needs of family and society.
- To empower the learner with knowledge to build a healthy social environment.
- To enable them to identify professional and entrepreneurial opportunities in Home Science.
Head of Department
Dr. A. Sundaravalli
Major. Dr. Shantha Maria
EligibilityPre-University or its equivalent / work experience or aptitude to work in this area.
Learning OutcomeAfter completing this programme, participants will be able to:
- Create design collection.
- Create a pattern of the garment.
- Construct the prototype garment for the collection.
- Evaluate design development process.
- Set up one’s own boutique.
- Set up a manufacturing unit.