The department of French was established in the year of 1948 along with the inception of the Institution. With the implementation of NEP 2020, French was offered as second language for Undergraduate programs.
By offering French as Ability Enhancing Compulsory Course (AECC) Language1 (L1), the Department of French at Mount Carmel College enables the students to acquire the skills required to work in today’s multilingual scenario. Their knowledge of French, a foreign language widens up the scope and areas of work thereby preparing them to perform in various practical situations as language experts. The curriculum focuses on the enhancement of language acquisition power of the students through a structured and methodical way and eventually aims at making the learners confident enough to read write and converse in French in given circumstances.
- To equip students through value-based, quality-driven, and holistic-oriented education with a vision to uplift society, and to empower the socially and economically marginalized.
- To provide quality, integral, vocational and career-oriented education by creating a collective culture for human development and educational excellence.
- To make them have a holistic idea of the language. So that, they can independently use it in their work-a-day life.
- To provide students with a pragmatic and relevant curriculum.
- To enhance the language acquisition skill of the students and to make them competent in the milieu of academics as well as corporate sectors.
- To encourage students to learn foreign language thereby making them aware of its demand and necessity in the various upcoming industries.
- To involve students into various fun filled activities in order to learn and explore the language.
Head of the Department
Dr. Poulami Paul, Assistant Professor
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 - 23
- Freshers’ day:
Event: MAFIA IN PARIS
- Cul Week:
Event: I WALKED RIGHT OUT OF CANNES
Event: CEO of SAVOIR
Event: SWITCH THE POSITIONS
- BUNTE MÉLANGE 2023
The French and German Fest
Theme: Tour de Länden
2021 - 22
- Fresher's Day
Event: FETE De BINGO
- Acamedicia Fest
Event: TRASHION FASHION – ART RECYCLE
- Poetry Contest
Event: CLOSE to MY HEART
- Screening of French Movie Followed by a Discussion.
- French language is taught in a scientific and methodical way keeping in mind the increasing demand of language experts in corporate and academic sectors.
- After completion of two years of learning French students will be eligible to take up the international DELF certification exam for A2 level.
- An immersion program for students has been taken place in Cavilam, Vichy France from 09/09/22 to 26/09/22.
- FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND ITS FUTURE PROSPECTS: A TALK BY Ms. VIDYA SURESH (Professor at Alliance Française de Bengaluru Head of South Asia Office, ESIGELEC, French Graduate School of Engineering) was organized on 14/02/23.
Ms. Poulami Paul
HOD & Assistant Professor