Our Hostel is a safe space where we strive to provide our students with the comforts of a home and the experience of residing within college culture. The Hostel is equipped with facilities that ensure that our students’ needs are adequately met. Moreover, spearheaded by our empathetic wardens, and student body, we take everyone’s interests into consideration and offer students freedom with responsibility. If you are looking for a safe environment wherein you can pursue your academics and enjoy a homely atmosphere with your college friends, MCC Hostel is the place to be.
Dr. Sr. Sajitha
Dr. Sr. Tressie Rodrigues
- The hostel is under the direct control of the Warden, subject to the Principal.
- Applicants to the hostel, if selected, will pay their fees at the Bank on the day of admission.
- The parents and guardians will be present with the students on the day of the interview. No admission can be made in their absence.
- Students will occupy the room allotted to them; no change can be made without the express permission of the Warden.
- Local Guardian (Resident of Bangalore) is mandatory for Students seeking Hostel admission.
- Food will be available in the Hostel.
- Students once admitted are expected to abide by the rules of the college hostel.
- Students are expected to be modest and conduct themselves accordingly.
- Wi-Fi facilities will be available from 5.00 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Students must cater to their personal needs by carrying a mattress or quilt, bed linen, mosquito net, plate, cup & saucer, tumbler, spoon, fork, knife, and a teaspoon of stainless steel with initials punched.
- No food will be carried to the hostel room.
- Attendance at Mass and Rosary is expected of Catholic students, except if ill.
- All hostelites are advised to switch off fans and lights before leaving the room.
- Strict silence to be observed in the hostel during study hours from 8.30 pm to 6.00 a m.
- Hostelites are not allowed to carry the hostel newspapers to the rooms.
- Hostel students will participate in the social service program organized by the authorities on the campus.
- Students can leave the campus only with the permission of the Warden and be back by 6 .00 pm.
- Students must submit a visitor’s list at the beginning of the year signed by the parents. The visiting hours mentioned below will be strictly adhered to (4.30 pm – 6.30 pm).
- Students will meet their visitors at the College Campus only. On no account can they be taken to their rooms or inside the hostel. This rule applies to day students as well.
- Students shall vacate the hostel on the closing day or the next day with their belongings. They are not allowed to spend the vacation in the hostel.
- Students should not keep any money or valuables in their rooms. The authorities accept no responsibility if money or any kind of articles are lost.
- No bazaar men, hawkers, and the like will be permitted to enter the hostel premises.
- Hostelites shall not address the students, put up notices, or circulate books, pamphlets and papers without the permission of the Warden.
- The Warden can carry out a surprise check of the room/s at any time.
- Cleanliness and gentility must be observed everywhere in the hostel. Students will keep their rooms, books, beds, and surroundings clean and tidy. No waste paper or fallen hair should be thrown on the floor or out of the windows.
- Defacing the walls or doors, damaging the furniture or any kind of destruction is punishable (with a fine) individually or collectively if the person at fault is not traceable.
- Calendars, photographs, pictures should not be stuck on the walls/doors of the rooms.
- No cooking/ironing is permitted in the hostel rooms.
- Every student shall deem it her duty to do her best towards the maintenance of discipline, peace, and harmony in the hostel. Senior students should consider themselves responsible for this and set a good example for the juniors.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the hostel.
- The hostel prize for good conduct, academic performance, discipline, and cleanliness will be awarded annually based on the opinion of the Principal and the Warden.