- To intra-personally and inter-personally grow and develop holistically.
- To adjust to the changing roles and responsibilities in society.
- To be tolerant, have integrated, happy and healthy families, societies, and nation.
- To provide students with an excellent program where they can observe, learn, and practice Human Development.
To provide an empowering education to students to affect and transform human lives and to contribute proactively, creatively, progressively, and humanely to improve life and standards of living.
Head of the Department
Dr. Sujata Gupta Kedar, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Dual Discipline Program
2020 - 2021
- Think Tank Capacity Building Workshop in collaboration with Dept. of Human Development and Family Science, East Caroline University, Greenville. This workshop was a follow-up session to the talk given on "Child Life Services: Promoting Psychological Care for Children in Healthcare Settings" at the international conference on "INTERDISCIPLINARY SCOPE OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT”. Dr. Priti P. Desai from East Caroline University, Greenville, and Dr. Sujata Gupta Kedar from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore were the facilitators for the workshop.
- Online campaign was conducted “HEAR FOR YOU” – RELENTLESS. It was a campaign calling people of all genders to come forward and talk about the issue of sexual abuse, their own experiences, how one can open up about it, how they overcame the stigma revolving sexual abuse.
- Workshop on data entry and analysis in MS excel and SPSS. The workshop was held primarily as a fundraising event for the purpose of educating young girls. The money collected was used as a scholarship fund. The workshop was attended by students and professionals.
- As part of Annual science week the department of Human Development organized a webinar on “STRENGTHENING FAMILY BONDS DURING COVID AND AFTER A 5”C” APPROACH”. The webinar focused on broad topics of family dynamics and parenting, making it a learning and interactive session for all the participants and the students of the department.
2022 – 2023
- Mann Mantra, a one-day inter-collegiate competition on the occasion of Human Development Day on 4th Nov 2022. Students from various colleges participated in activities like:
-Role Play -Debate -Poetry -Poster Making -Face Painting -Photography.
- The department organized a street play on “bipolar disorder”- Mental Health Awareness Program. (30th September 2022).
- A sensitization programme for the elderly- Let’s Age in Reverse on 7th June 2022.
- The department conducted a workshop on “relationships with self for adolescents”.
- Workshops were conducted on “Self-identity formation”, “Reproductive Health”, “Importance of Academics” by the PG students of Human Development.
- Workshop on Data Analysis using Excel- by Dr. Nivedita Danammanavar on 8th and 9th June 2022.
- Exploring the journey of an ECCE centre- Jakkarradi foundation for education and life skills. – Dr. Arati S. Jakkarradi (21st January 2022).
- Pregnancy and child birth complications – Dr. Usha Rani N. (29th January 2022).
- Developmental Assessments using NBAS & Bayley Scales – Sonu Khosla (1st February 2022).
- The Educational tour from Mysore – Bandipur was scheduled from May 25th 2022 to May 28th 2022. The places covered consisted of All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH), Therapy Park.
2021 – 2022
- International Conference on “Interdisciplinary scope of Human Development”, conducted on 15th and 16th February 2021.
- Think tank capacity building workshop was a follow-up session to the talk given on “child life services: promoting psychological care for children in healthcare settings” at the International Conference on “interdisciplinary scope of human Development on 26th July 2021.
- Life Skills- A workshop for better mental health was conducted by the department keeping in mind the current generation problems and needs related to self-awareness, interpersonal relationships, effective communication, stress and emotion management. 6th September 2021.
- The department of Human Development conducted a webinar on “Those days of the month”- webinar on Menstrual Health and Hygiene on 26th Aug 2021.
- Webinar on “Role of Funding organizations in child welfare”. This talk was conducted to describe the role of funding organization and how they help in bringing change in child welfare on 14th September 2021.
- The department organised a talk with experts on reproductive health and its importance on 27th Oct 2021.
- The department conducted a talk session on “strengthening Family bonds during covid and after, a 5 “C” approach on 28th Oct 2021.
2019 – 2021
- The department of Human Development organised and celebrated the Human Development Day with the theme, “Women of today” on the 28th Aug 2019.
2018 – 2019
- The PG students of the department conducted workshop with Adolescents.
- The department conducted a Street play on “domestic violence”.
- Rally conducted by the department - “Homemakers- the unrecognised profession”.
- Workshop on Parenting with parents of pre-schoolers.
- Gerontology workshop conducted on elderly – “Life after retirement”.
- Visit to NIPCCD- National Institute of public cooperation and child development.
- The department conducted a sign language workshop for undergraduate and post graduate students on 4th July 2018.
2017 – 2018
- Gerontology Workshop called “Rekindling Joy among Elderly”, focusing on creating joy among the elderly and talking about the importance of teamwork in enhancing physical, social and cognitive development in the elderly on 2nd February, 2018. The event was held at Tara Old Age Home, Rajarajeshwari Nagar.
- Workshop on “Sensitisation Program for Marginalised Communities”, to orient students about marginalised communities and to educate students on the problems faced by marginalised communities, on 2nd Feb 2018, at Goodwill’s Girls’ High School, Promenade Road, Fraser Town, Bangalore.
and the same workshop was again organised on 1st February, 2018, Hindu Balika Pathshalaya, Shivaji Nagar.
- Awareness workshop on “Personal hygiene and self defence”, to orient students on personal care and the importance of hygiene during menstruation, on 18th January, 2018, held at Featherlite Pottery Town Government School.
- Workshop on “Relationship building and achieving career goals”. The workshop was conducted for Adolescents to help them in resolving conflicts in relationships with peers, teachers and family. The workshop also focused on showcasing the importance of education for a bright future and career opportunities, on 19th December, 2017 at Stella Maris Convent School, Gayathri Devi Park Extension.
- Panel Discussion on the topic “Urban women, empowered but how safe?”. The topics discussed were:
- To create awareness about the current situation in India with regard to women living in urban cities
- To sensitise the society about the importance of women safety in India, on 16th September, 2017 at Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
- Interaction with a social entrepreneur, Ms. Mandira Kumar, with the following objectives:
- To observe different types of teaching learning materials
- To learn the importance of traditional toys in the teaching process, held on 30th August, 2017 at Sutradhar, Indira Nagar, Bangalore.
- “Stage show”. To create awareness on women issues and empowerment, on 27th August, 2017, Youth Program – St. Peter’s Pontifical Seminary.
- “Braille Workshop”. Orientation to Braille – reading and writing, on 22nd August, 2017, Department of Human Development.
- “Finger Chats – A Workshop for Learning Sign Language”. Orientation to Sign language, on 10th August, 2017, Department of Human Development.
- Workshop for “Mental Health Development”, was conducted on 13th July, 2017, Kripa Revival Centre, Bangalore with the following objectives:
- To promote positive thinking and positive living in the inmates.
- To teach the inmates efficient yet simple techniques for stress management 3. To promote healthy and happy living amongst the inmates.
2016 – 2017
- Workshop on Self Concept Development; for recovering alcoholics on 12th August, 2016.
- Workshop on Friendship and Classroom Adjustments’ for school children on 22nd July, 2016.
- “Be cautious! Life is precious”. A self-defense workshop for students of the department on 22nd February, 2017.
- A workshop on Adolescent Growth and Development at Mitralaya Girls School on 1st March, 2017.
- UGC Sponsored National Level Workshop on Current trends in Research Methodology & Statistical Analysis in Home Science on 18th, 19th, & 20th December, 2013 in collaboration with Smt VHD Central Institute of Home Science College, Bangalore University.
Dr. Sujata Gupta Kedar
HOD & Associate Professor
Ms. Lingeswari Mysore
Ms. Lokare Shreya Shashikanth
Dr. Savitha L
Dr. Srividya K