“Social Sciences help us understand, imagine & craft a more sustainable future for all”
School of Humanities & Social Sciences offers UG & PG programs which complement the traditional intellectual skills associated with humanities with a range of practical skills like critical thinking, communication, cultural awareness, curiosity and empathy which contributes to student’s individual growth & enables them to carve their own path of success in the world, also making a difference to the larger community.
Ranked among the best colleges in India to pursue Humanities, MCC offers two year Post Graduate programs and highly multidisciplinary three year degree or four year honours Undergraduate programs with the right blend of skills, research and strong theoretical foundation. The School also offers PhD in Economics.
Dean of Humanities & Social Sciences
Dr. Suma Singh, M.A., PGD in Management & Marketing, Ph.D., NET.
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning - Outcome Based Curriculum Framework
Mount Carmel College, Autonomous offers graduate and postgraduate programs which empower graduates with the following attributes:
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply this in real world situations.
- Critical, creative and evidence-based thinking to be problems solvers.
- Excellent communication skills to convey thoughts and ideas appropriately & innovatively.
- Agile learners who can keep pace with a rapidly transforming digitalized world.
- Ability to take up leadership roles and work in multi-cultural teams.
- A desire to see themselves as continuous learners and seek new knowledge and skills.
- To be responsible citizens with sound ethical values and concern for community.
The students who complete three years of full-time study of an undergraduate programme of study will be awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (BA) and the students who complete four years of full-time study of an undergraduate programme of study will be awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Honours (BA Honours). The graduates of the degree program will demonstrate:
- An in-depth understanding in the chosen discipline, comprising theoretical and practical perspectives, and a basic understanding of emerging areas of study and practice.
- Ability to apply knowledge to comprehend the dynamics of the work-place, society and world in order to find efficient and ethical solutions to problems.
- Basic quantitative and digital skills for undertaking analysis, interpreting results and arriving at logical conclusions.
- Comprehensive knowledge about current topics and basic skills required to comprehend contemporary issues.