School of Humanities & Social Sciences
“Social Sciences help us understand, imagine & craft a more sustainable future for all”
School of Humanities & Social Sciences offers UG & PG programs which complement the traditional intellectual skills associated with humanities with a range of practical skills like critical thinking, communication, cultural awareness, curiosity and empathy which contributes to a student’s individual growth, enabling them to carve their own path of success in the world, while also making a difference to the larger community.
Ranked among the best colleges in India to pursue Humanities, MCC offers two-year post-graduate programs and highly multidisciplinary three year degree or four-year honours undergraduate programs with the right blend of skills, research and strong theoretical foundation. The School also offers PhD in Economics.
Dean of Humanities & Social Sciences
Dr. Suma Singh, MA, PGD in Management & Marketing, PhD, NET.
Email ID : email@example.com
Learning - Outcome Based Curriculum Framework
Mount Carmel College, Autonomous offers graduate and postgraduate programs which empower graduates with the following attributes:
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply this in real world situations.
- Critical, creative and evidence-based thinking to be problems-solvers.
- Excellent communication skills to convey thoughts and ideas appropriately & innovatively.
- Agile learners who can keep pace with a rapidly transforming digitalized world.
- Ability to take up leadership roles and work in multi-cultural teams.
- A desire to see themselves as continuous learners and seek new knowledge and skills.
- To be responsible citizens with sound ethical values and concern for the community.
The students who complete three years of full-time study of an undergraduate programme of study will be awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (BA); Students who complete four years of full-time study of an undergraduate programme will be awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Honours (BA Honours). The Graduates of the degree program will demonstrate:
- An in-depth understanding in the chosen discipline, comprising theoretical and practical perspectives, and a basic understanding of emerging areas of study and practice.
- Ability to apply knowledge to comprehend the dynamics of the work-place, society and world in order to find efficient and ethical solutions to problems.
- Basic quantitative and digital skills for undertaking analysis, interpreting results and arriving at logical conclusions.
- Comprehensive knowledge about current topics and basic skills required to comprehend contemporary issues.
DUAL DISCIPLINE PROGRAM
- JSA - 2016.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed with Mirador Creative Services LLP in November 2019.
- LICHT Photography - 2022.
- Advaya Shaale - March 2022.
- MOU with Citi Group for Internship and Placement (PG Students).
- Academic and Networking Collaborations Proposal of Xavier Board of Higher Education in India.
- The Student Exchange Programme 15th to 19th of November 2022 with Sacred Heart Arts and Science College, Perani, Villipuram, Tamil Nadu.
- An MOU was signed with the Department of Politics and IR, Providence Women’s College, Kozhikode on 14thMarch, 2022. Dr. Sujin Babu went to the Providence Women’s College, Kozhikode on the same day to take part in this event. The two departments decided to organize academic events together for next two years whenever it is possible. It was also agreed to write academic papers together by the faculty members of both the departments. Dr. Sr. Ashmitha, Principal of Providence Women’s College, Ms. Ambili Thomas, Head of Politics and International Relations were present on the occasion.
- This Memorandum of understanding Between Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy, a Trust registered under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 with the registration number GAN-4-00109-2005-06 dated 10-6-2005 and having its office at 19/4, "Sair Bagh" Building, 3rd Floor, Cunningham Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560052, hereinafter referred to as “Janaagraha” (which expression shall be deemed to mean and include its successors and permitted assigns) through PRARTHANA RAMESH, PROGRAM HEAD- BalaJanaagraha Programme.
- Mount Carmel College, Autonomous represented by Alice Mathew, Head of Department of Political Science, hereinafter referred to as Mount Carmel College (which expression shall mean and include its Authorized Representatives & Assigns) of the OTHER PART;
- And Hence, Mount Carmel College and BalaJanaagraha has entered into partnership to mentor school students for BalaJanaagraha’s Civic Project “Our City, Our Challenge” which aims to make children think beyond symptoms, analyze root causes and engage with their local communities and be part of a larger youth movement to fulfil the above objectives while building the 21st century skills.
Travel & Tourism
- MoU with Binary University Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- MoU with TAAI (Travel Agents Association Of India).
- MoU with BIT for services of Implant Travel Desk.
- MoU with Hotel Shangri-La.