Students undertaking the MCA program at Mount Carmel College are trained to explore and acquire an in-depth understanding of the episteme – Computer Applications. By putting in a conscious effort to impart knowledge about the field by reputed professors and lecturers, this program is designed to foster a culture wherein students’ talent is amplified with knowledge, technical training and guidance. Through rigorous evaluation patterns, our students are encouraged to put their skills to use and venture into the field of Computer Applications by enhancing their critical thinking abilities and sensibilities. The program spans over two academic years, divided into four semesters. Students undertake an in-house research project which helps them to develop the technical and analytical skills necessary to pursue a career in scientific research. Graduates of this program can display their prowess in Discrete Mathematics, Advanced Web Programming, Software Engineering, etc. The Curricular and Extracurricular activities are designed in a way to ensure that the students receive a holistic understanding through the curriculum.
- To develop our students to reach their highest caliber with moral ethics and employability potentials.
- To produce technically competent, socially committed technocrats and administrators through quality education.
- To produce exemplary computer professionals to face the challenges in the global IT industries.
- To carry out interdisciplinary research that would contribute to the global knowledge base.
- To inculcate the spirit of moral values for the cause of the development of our nation.
- Envisions a life by enabling every individual learner to emerge as a realm of pre-eminence that empowers the learner to reach the zenith, as assertive IT professionals by offering quality based technical education and research environment.