The broad objective of the Master of Commerce program is to impart to the students, professional education and training in various aspects of business and its environment. We further, strive to provide them with opportunities to develop conceptual, practical, research and analytical business skills in order to meet the challenges of the business, industry and/or academic sector regardless of the level – National and Global.
Year of Establishment
|Semester||Course Code||Course Title||L:T:P||CIA||ESE||Total||Credits|
|I||CC-01||Advanced Corporate Accounting||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-02||Economic Legislations for Business||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-03||Global Business Strategy||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-04||Strategic Marketing Management||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-05||Organization Behavior & Leadership||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|AC-01||Business Ethics and CSR||3:0:1||15||35||50||2|
|CDP & Extension Activity(vacation)|
|II||CC-06||Operations Research and Quantitative Techniques||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-07||Accounting for Decision Making||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-08||Corporate Law & Governance||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-09||Retail Management and E-Business||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-10||Strategic Management & Business Policy||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|AC-03||Business Research Method & Quantitative Analysis||4:0:0||15||35||50||2|
|AC-04||Excel for Business Applications||0:0:4||15||35||50||2|
|CDP & Extension Activity Evaluation||2|
|Commencement of Internship (Vacation)|
|III||CC-11||Taxation - I||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-12||Elective - 1||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-13||Elective - 2||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-14||Elective - 3||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|MD-01||To be Chosen from other Departmnent||2:0:0||15||35||50||2|
|Internship Report (Evaluation)||50||2|
|Commencement of Research Project|
|IV||CC-15||Taxation - II||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-16||Elective - 1||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-17||Elective - 2||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|CC-18||Elective - 3||4:0:0||30||70||100||4|
|SEC - 1||Research Report||30||70||150||6|
|AC-06||Banking Operations and Insurance||4:0:0||15||35||50||2|
A candidate who has passed B.Com / BBM/BBA Degree Programme of a recognised university or equivalent thereto and has secured not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate in Commerce/Management subjects shall be eligible to apply for the M.Com. Programme. In the case of SC/ST candidates, the aggregate percentage of marks required is 45%.
2017 – 2018
- International Conference on “Global Convergence Of New Age Business Practices And Strategies” – 1st and 2nd March.
- Campus to Corporate programme conducted by OPEN SPACES for Final Years from 10th to 17th July.
- Leadership Workshop for Commerce Secretaries/ Volunteers by OPEN SPACES on 17th June.
- National Workshop on Goods and Service Tax, on 15th September 2017, Dept. of Commercial Tax, GOK.
- Conducted state level workshop women Entrepreneurship, on 6th December 2017, Mr. C K Kumaravel, CEO of Naturals Salon.
2016 – 2017
- National Seminar on “Expanding Horizons of knowledge and Employment” – By the Students ,for the students and of the Students – 9th and 10th December 2016.
- Organised a one day seminar on “Spoorti- Empowering Employability through Entrepreneurship” sponsored by NAAC on 24-01-2017.
- Conducted workshop on “Manthan Knowledge workshop” in collaboration with FKCCI on 25-01-2017.
2014 – 2015
- UGC Funded National Seminar on “Choice Based Credit System as an Approach to Skill Based Student Centered Learning in Higher Education” on 11th February, 2015.
- Organised Workshop on “Sensitization and Actual Functioning of B.Voc Degree and UGC Community Colleges” in association with ICRDCE, Chennai on 26th & 27th August, 2014.
- Organised Seminar on “Take up entrepreneurship – as an alternative to employment” – in association with FKCCI on 16th February 2015.
- Organised Faculty Development programme on “Skill Development” from 25th to 28th June 2014.
2013 – 2014
- National Seminar in association with National Institute of Personnel Management.on – “Empowering Employability in Higher Education – 6th and 7th February, 2014.
- UGC Funded National Seminar on “Creativity and Innovation in Business for Sustainable Competitive Advantage”
- Workshop on Business Analytics
- Workshop on Stock Markets
- Workshop on New Companies Bill 2013
- Workshop on Accounting Applications