The broad objective of the Master of Commerce program is to impart to the students, professional education and training in various aspects of business and its environment. We further, strive to provide them with opportunities to develop conceptual, practical, research and analytical business skills in order to meet the challenges of the business, industry and/or academic sector regardless of the level – National and Global.
Year of Establishment
Prof. V N Raghu
Ms. Sivakami R
- The Department shares the Vision of the College in providing a life-oriented Education and to become a centre of global excellence for Commerce and Management studies & research.
Enabling the students to be competent and to face the challenges of the Corporate World by imparting quality and value based Business Education. The department strives to enhance Knowledge, Skills, Attitude, Competencies and Creativity. It inculcates a humane approach based on dedication and selfless commitment.
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Accounting Theory & Analysis||Strategic Financial Management|
|Business Information & Data Management||Operations Research|
|Management of Non-Profit Organisations||Entrepreneurial Management|
|Global Business Strategy||E- Commerce|
|Corporate Law and Governance||Corporate Policies and Practices|
|Bank Operations & Technology||Logistics & Supply Chain Management|
|Business Research Methods & Quantitative Analysis||International Financial Systems & Institutions.|
|Community Project + Viva-Voce||Internship Report + Viva-Voce|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Project Management||Total Quality Management|
|MDC – To be chosen from other departments||RESEARCH PROJECT + VIVA-VOCE|
|Internship Report+ Viva|
|TE||Taxation Elective||AE||Accounting Elective|
|TE -1||Direct Taxes – 1||AE-1||Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|TE -2||Direct Taxes – 2||AE-2||Strategic Cost Management|
|TE-3||Goods and Services Tax||AE-3||Advanced Corporate Accounting|
|TE-4||Corporate Tax Planning||AE-4||Int. Accounting & Financial Reporting Standards|
|FE||Finance Elective||ME||Marketing Elective|
|FE 1||Security Analysis and Portfolio Management||ME 1||Consumer Behaviour & Relationship Management|
|FE 2||Behavioural Finance||ME 2||Product & Brand Management|
|F E3||International Financial management||ME 3||Integrated Marketing Communication|
|F E4||Financial Derivatives and Risk Management||ME 4||Retailing & Distribution Management|
|HRE||Human Resource Elective||IBE||Insurance & Banking Elective|
|HRE-1||Organization Culture, Change and Development||IBE-1||Principles and Practice of Life & General Insurance|
|HRE-2||International Human Resource Management||IBE-2||Actuarial Science|
|HRE-3||Employee Relations and Labour Welfare||IBE-3||Bank Management|
|HRE-4||Employee Compensation and Knowledge Management||IBE-4||Credit Risk Management|
|BA||Business Analytics Elective||IT||Information Technology Management Elective|
|BA 4.1||Foundation of Data Science||IT.1||E-Business and Web Designing|
|BA 4.2||Big Data Technology||IT.1||Cloud Computing|
|BA 4.3||Computing for Data Analytics||IT.1||Database Management System|
|BA 4.4||Programming for Data Analytics||IT.1||System Analysis and Design|
|IB||International Business Elective||CRM||Corporate Relations & Event Management Elective|
|IB.1||International H R M||CREM.1||Public and Corporate Relations|
|IB.2||International Marketing||CREM.1||Advertising and Media Management|
|IB.3||International Finance||CREM.1||Corporate Image Building|
|IB.4||International Law||CREM.1||Event management|
|E1||Small Enterprise Management|
|E.2||Govt. Business and NGO interface|
|E3||Project Formulation, Appraisal and Control|
|E4||Financing of Small Business &Venture Capital|
The following multi-disciplinary courses will be offered to the students of other departments
- Business Management
- Basic Finance & Accounting
- Advertising and Event Management
A candidate who has passed B.Com / BBM/BBA Degree Programme of a recognised university or equivalent thereto and has secured not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate in Commerce/Management subjects shall be eligible to apply for the M.Com. Programme. In the case of SC/ST candidates, the aggregate percentage of marks required is 45%.
2017 – 2018
- International Conference on “Global Convergence Of New Age Business Practices And Strategies” – 1st and 2nd March.
- Campus to Corporate programme conducted by OPEN SPACES for Final Years from 10th to 17th July.
- Leadership Workshop for Commerce Secretaries/ Volunteers by OPEN SPACES on 17th June.
- National Workshop on Goods and Service Tax, on 15th September 2017, Dept. of Commercial Tax, GOK.
- Conducted state level workshop women Entrepreneurship, on 6th December 2017, Mr. C K Kumaravel, CEO of Naturals Salon.
2016 – 2017
- National Seminar on “Expanding Horizons of knowledge and Employment” – By the Students ,for the students and of the Students – 9th and 10th December 2016.
- Organised a one day seminar on “Spoorti- Empowering Employability through Entrepreneurship” sponsored by NAAC on 24-01-2017.
- Conducted workshop on “Manthan Knowledge workshop” in collaboration with FKCCI on 25-01-2017.
2014 – 2015
- UGC Funded National Seminar on “Choice Based Credit System as an Approach to Skill Based Student Centered Learning in Higher Education” on 11th February, 2015.
- Organised Workshop on “Sensitization and Actual Functioning of B.Voc Degree and UGC Community Colleges” in association with ICRDCE, Chennai on 26th & 27th August, 2014.
- Organised Seminar on “Take up entrepreneurship – as an alternative to employment” – in association with FKCCI on 16th February 2015.
- Organised Faculty Development programme on “Skill Development” from 25th to 28th June 2014.
2013 – 2014
- National Seminar in association with National Institute of Personnel Management.on – “Empowering Employability in Higher Education – 6th and 7th February, 2014.
- UGC Funded National Seminar on “Creativity and Innovation in Business for Sustainable Competitive Advantage”
- Workshop on Business Analytics
- Workshop on Stock Markets
- Workshop on New Companies Bill 2013
- Workshop on Accounting Applications