Head of DepartmentMs. Hasitha K Associate Professor, M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph.D.).
- The Department envisions to impart a career-oriented education for women empowerment.
- To impart a firm theoretical foundation together with excellent practical training
- To bridge the gap between academics and industry
Eligibility Criteria for admission
- A candidate seeking admission to this program must have passed B.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics, Electronics as core subjects, B.Sc. with Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics as core subjects, B.Sc. (Hons) in Electronics, Physics, or Applied Physical Sciences, B.Sc. (Hons) in Electronics and Instrumentation, or a Bachelor of Engineering (ECE,EEE,TCE,EI) with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Provisional admission will be done for candidates based on marks obtained up to V/VII Semester.
Scope of the Course
- The students would have been well-equipped with the skills with which they can enter into any software/hardware companies related to Biomedical Instrumentation, VLSI, Nanoelectronics, Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, Optical Fiber Communication, etc.
- Students can enter into teaching field as lecturers in PU and Undergraduate Colleges.
- Students can involve in research activities in the department leading to a Ph.D. program as the department is recognized as a research center under IGNOU.
|I||Electronic Devices + Lab|
|Network Analysis& Control Systems|
|Power Electronics + Lab|
|Digital Electronics and VHDL Programming + Lab|
|Signals and Systems|
|II||Embedded systems and PIC Microcontroller + Lab|
|Advanced Communication + Lab|
|Electronic Instrumentation and Biomedical Instrumentation +Lab|
|VLSI Design and Systems|
|Community Development Programme|
|III||Advanced Wireless Communication|
|Digital Signal Processing + lab|
|Microwaves and Antenna Theory|
|IV||IoT and Cyber Security|
|Digital Image Processing + Lab|
|Embedded Systems Design / Wireless Communication|
|Project / Viva Voce|
Memorandum of Understandings
Department of Electronics, Mount Carmel College Autonomous signed MoUs with the following organizations to enable Industry-Academia collaborations. This involves the development of innovative academic resources, protection of Intellectual property rights, setting up of innovation labs in the college campus, conducting faculty development programs, training programs, internships, research projects, and training the students in the automation industry, printed circuit board design and fabrication, etc.:
|Sl.No.||Name of the Organization Signed MoU||Date|
|1||Edgate Technologies Pvt. Ltd (Texas Instruments India University Program)||28thMay 2019|
|2||National Law School of India University, Bangalore||24thJanuary 2019|
|3||Prolific Systems and Technologies Pvt. Ltd||10thAugust 2018|
|4||Fortune Electronics Pvt. Ltd||12th April 2014|
|5||Sparsha Technologies Pvt. Ltd||8th January 2014|
Major workshops/Seminars conducted by the department during last three years
|Sl.No.||Name of the workshop/Seminar||Associated Industry/Organization||Date|
|1||Two days workshop on “Introduction to PYTHON and Raspberry – pi Programming”||Dept. of Electronics, Bangalore University||13th and 14th August 2018|
Two days workshop on
“Programmable logic controllers (PLC)”
|PROLIFIC SYSTEMS Bangalore||17th and 18th September 2018|
|3||Inspire 2018||DST and other labs||22nd to 27th October 2018|
|4||IEEE I Know Workshop||IEEE student chapter IISc||3rd December 2018|
|5||Two days workshop on PLC and SCADA||DBT and PROLIFIC SYSTEMS||1st and 2nd March 2019|
|6||“Advanced Embedded System Design & IoT using TI Tools”||Under Texas Instruments University Program in association with EdGate Technologies Pvt Ltd Bangalore.||25th to 30th November 2019|
|7||Two days workshop on “Introduction to PYTHON and Raspberry – pi Programming”||Dept. of Electronics, Bangalore University||22nd and 24th Feb 2020|
|8||Two days webinar on “Role of Electronics in Combat against Covid-19”||Robert Bosch Pvt.Ltd, Dishi Systems Pvt.Ltd, Edgate Technology pvt.Ltd||17th and 18th June 2020|
|Sl.No.||Name of the Industry visited||Year|
|1||Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Bangalore||2017|
|2||National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore||2017|
|3||CeNSE, IISc, Bamgalore||2017|
|4||Bharath Electronics Limited, Bangalore||2018|
|5||Indian Space Research Organization, Bangalore||2018|
|6||Philips India, Bangalore||2018|
|7||M/S Royco Fastners, Puducherry||2019|
Noted Alumni of the Department
|Name||Currently working at||Designation|
|Dr. Nazia Fathima||Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE), Indian Institute of Science.||Research Associate and Post Doctoral Fellow.|
|Vasudha Chandrashekar||Ghent University, Belgium||Ph.D. Student|
|Himangi Srivastava||Mississippi State University, USA||Ph.D. Student|
|Sindhu P Aithal||La Trobe University, Australia||M.S. Student|
|Deepa Xavier||Indian Institute of Technology Madras||SRF|
|Tanya Dutta||CISCO||Senior Engineer|
|Vinisha Vincent||CISCO||Senior Engineer|
|Shilna Shasheendran||DELL||Data Science Advisor|
|Reena Pradhan||DELL||Data Science Advisor|
|Sahana R||IPexcel||Patent Drafting Manager|
|Aishwarya Kumai||Cognizant technology solutions||Cyber security Specialist|
|Zaiba Fathima||ANSR Global||Consultant|
|Sharanya H||BYJU’S (think and learn Pvt. ltd.)||Learning and development specialist|
|D. Shanthi Sree||Flipkart||Support Engineer|
|Sheetal V K||Cognizant||Programmer Trainee|
|Namratha N Kulkarni||Cognizant(on site project: Google)||Quality Analyst|
|Kruthika Sriram||Amazon||Retail Associate – CMT|
|Anaswara Anil||Oasis international school||Faculty|
|Bhavyashree M R||BPE Biotree Pvt.ltd||Consultant|
|Arul Asmitha||Titan company ltd||HR associate|
|Blossom Anthony||International Marketing Communications||Software Tester|
|Geethi Chand||Indian overseas Bank||Assistant manager|
|Manasa R Rao||Nippon Telegraph and Telephone data||Senior test engineer|
|Meryl Loretta Gabriel||Goldman Sachs||Fee and Commission Analyst|
|Cecilie Synthia||Study Mode Technology||Associate Subject Matter Expert|
|Sandhya||St Mary’s degree college , Hyderabad||Lecturer in Electronics|
|Maria Archana H||The Oxford College of Science||Assistant professor|
|Vindhya S||Calipion software technology||Process associate|
|Monisha Dhamodiram||CTTC ( Central Tool room & Training Centre) Bhubaneswar||OJT|
|Sanjana S Acharya / Sanjana D Athavar||Antha Prerana Enterprises||Entrepreneur|
|Pooja M||Global logic||Software Engineer|
Guest Lectures conducted during last two years
|Sl.No.||Title of the talk/lecture||Speaker|
|1||Challenges in product development||Dr. Dinesh, Professor, IISc, Bangalore|
|2||Digital Signal Processing Applications||Dr. G N Rathna, Professor, IISc, Bangalore|
|3||Control System design||Dr. Dinesh M N, Professor, RV College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|4||Power Electronics Applications||Dr. Manjesh, Professor, Bangalore University, Bangalore|
|5||Review of Biomedical signals||Dr. Mythili Jagannath, MCC|
|6||Human Physiology||Prof. Vimala C M, MCC|
|7||Renewable Energy||Dr. Balamurugan, Jain University, Bangalore.|
|8||VxWorks||Dr. M Govinda Raju, Professor, RV College of Engineering, Bangalore|
2017 – 2018
- Two Day Training Program on “Introduction to Nanoscience & Nanotechnology” in collaboration with Indian Academy Degree College, Bengaluru, on 7th and 8th February, 2018.
- International conference on Technology in redefining health (ICONTRH), on 21st to 23rd November, 2017.
- “Analytical training in Instrumentation” Under DST FIST for post graduate students on 30th and 31st August, 2017.
2016 – 2017
- INSPIRE, Science Camp, sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, for 150 students, 17th – 21st October, 2016.
- Extension Program to create awareness on the facilities available in our college science departments for students of Govt. College Hosakote and Govt. College Nelamangala.
2015 – 2016
- National Conference on “Nano Science- A multidisciplinary Approach”, on 10th and 11th February, 2016.
- Hands-on workshop on optical fiber communication, 4th and 5th December, 2015.