Head of DepartmentDr. Sangeeta Pandey Associate Professor
VisionTo accentuate nutrition education based on recent developments in science and technology to improve the awareness and the quality of life.
- To understand the human needs and integrate health and nutrition in the family and society across different economic classes.
- Application of nutrition knowledge in their day to day life
Aspirants of the program should have completed B.Sc Degree from a UGC recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/ Nutrition and Dietetics / Food Science and Quality Control/ Human Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food Science and Nutrition/ Home Science or Family and Community Sciences Eligibility criteria – 65% (aggregate marks in nutrition subjects in an undergraduate degree) Admissions based on Under Graduate marks, entrance examination and interview
Course Future Prospects
Post graduates can work as a Nutritionist / Dietitian in Health Care Centres, Public Nutrition Programmes, Food Industry, and/or a Scientific Officer in Food industries, Nutrition Coach, Teach, Research in Food & Nutrition , Food Scientist / Consultant in Food Industries, or pursue their Ph.D. in Food and Nutrition.
Connecting to the Community
|Semester I||Applied Physiology|
|Recent advances in Nutrition – Macronutrients|
|Clinical & Therapeutic Nutrition- I|
|Food Safety & Quality Assurance|
|Techniques in Food Analysis|
|Community Development Program|
|Semester II||Recent advances in Nutrition – Micronutrients|
|Clinical & Therapeutic Nutrition – II|
|Principles of Food Science|
|Research methods in food science & nutrition|
|Nutrition Psychology & Diet Adherence|
|Semester III||Advances in Food Microbiology & Preservation|
|Program Planning and Nutrition Education in Community|
|Nutraceuticals & Functional Food|
|Paediatric & Geriatric Nutrition|
|Community Nutrition & Public Health|
|Nutrition for Women|
|Semester IV||Food Product Development|
|Nutrition during Emergency|
|Food Processing & Functional Quality|
|Recent Advances in Nutrition during Life Cycle|
- Build a core competency in various field of nutrition to make students employable in food industry, health care sectors, hospitals and public health sectors.
- Equip students with knowledge and understanding of emerging areas of nutrition science to confidently pursue higher studies, research and develop to be entrepreneur.
- Designing and development of nutrition intervention programs to address societal and national nutritional and health issues.
Our students with rich experience and good exposure are working at reputed organizations in various capacities both in India and abroad.
Organizations that have employed our students include:
Healthcare / Community
Apollo Hospital, Aster CMI Hospital, Bioquest, Columbia Asia Hospital, Cloud Nine Hospital, Diet Mantra (Kolkata), Fortis Hospitals, Healthify Me, Leicestershire Nutrition & Dietetics Service (UK), M.S.Ramaiah Memorial Hospital, Otawa Hospital Civic Campus (Canada), QUA Nutrition – Signature Clinic, Right Living, Sagar Hospital, SOUKYA International Holistic Health Centre, Truweight Wellness Pvt. Ltd., Cuddles Foundation, Cult.fit, Zyla, Zarity, Luke Coutinho Holistic Healing Systems, Pro Physio HealthCare Pvt Ltd, 1Script Health.
Britannia Industries Limited, British Biologicals, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Inner Being, Masala Box, Pristine Organics Pvt Ltd., Kanti Sweets, Quikish, Thinking Forks.
St John’s Research Centre, National Institute of Nutrition
Diverse career opportunities have been offered to Postgraduates attaining successful careers at Food Industries, Hospitals, Health Care Business, Community and also as Entrepreneurs.
Nutritium (Nutrition Counselling Cell)
Nutritium is an in-house Nutrition Counselling Cell, initiated in 20th Aug 2015. It is exclusively run by Post Graduate students. It is aimed to provide Nutrition Counselling for therapeutic conditions, healthy life, and lifestyle modifications. The Community Outreach program and In-house Nutrition Awareness has been conducted regularly.
M.Sc Food Science & Nutrition – 2022Total number of seats: 30
- Students are required to submit an ONLINE APPLICATION FORM available on the college website: mccblr.edu.in
- Admissions will be based on Under Graduate marks, an entrance examination followed by an interview
- Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants of the program should have completed B.Sc Degree from a UGC recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/ Nutrition and Dietetics / Food Science and Quality Control/ Human Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food Science and Nutrition/ Home Science or Family and Community Sciences
- Selection Process
- As per the eligibility criteria, candidates will be selected for Online Entrance ExamCandidates will be shortlisted based on their entrance marks and will be called for an interview for final selection
- Entrance Exam
- The syllabus for the entrance examination will be based on the graduation subjects: Physiology, Nutritional Biochemistry, Food Science, Food Microbiology, Human Nutrition, and Dietetics
- Based on the entrance exam results, selected candidates will be called for personal interviews and document verification for the final selection.
- Online Application forms received till 20th May 2022
- Entrance Exam: 27th May 2022
- Online Application forms received from 21st May 2022 – 20th June’ 22
- Entrance Exam: 27th June 2022
- Interview: 28th June 2022
PO1: Demonstrate coherent understanding and application of comprehensive knowledge in food science and nutrition with professional competencies, harness research skills to promote evidence-based practice with recognition of core values, ethical integrity to contributing towards improving quality of life.
PO2: Understand nutritional assessment, identify malnutrition and monitor individuals and communities with application of appropriate evaluation and integration of epidemiological literature in relation to addressing public health nutrition and diseases.
PO3: Assess, plan and execute nutrient needs across lifespan, therapeutic conditions and special needs during sports and emergency, application of nutrition care process to make decisions and identify nutrition-related problems, determine and evaluate appropriate nutrition interventions with counseling skills to facilitate nutrition behavior change.
PO4: Gain fundamental understanding of relationship between environment, microorganisms, food borne illness, food safety and learn scientific basis of food preservation techniques with application of food safety principles to be used in food industry.
PO5: Exploration of interests and translation of knowledge within the broad aspects of food science and nutrition to design novel food products and processing methods , plan program/educational strategy for a target population to match their interests with potential career opportunities in food industry, hospitals, healthcare sectors and public health organization.