Students undertaking the M.Sc. program in Mathematics at Mount Carmel College are trained to explore and acquire an in-depth understanding of the episteme – Mathematics. By putting in a conscious effort to impart knowledge about the field by reputed professors and lecturers, this program is designed to foster a culture wherein students’ talent is amplified with knowledge, technical training and guidance. Through rigorous evaluation patterns, our students are encouraged to put their skills to use and venture into the field of Mathematics by enhancing their critical thinking abilities and sensibilities. On acquiring knowledge of the qualitative and quantitative techniques as well as gaining an in-depth understanding of the field, Graduates of this degree will be able to demonstrate their skills in Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Computer Graphics, etc. The Curricular and Extracurricular activities are designed in a way to ensure that the students receive a holistic understanding through the curriculum.
- To provide quality, integral and career oriented education and create a climate for human and educational excellence.
- To assist students in acquiring a conceptual understanding of the nature and structure of mathematics, its processes, and applications.
- To develop and offer dynamic programs in the mathematical sciences that will prepare students to enter various new fields of specializations.
- To ultimately see that the learning of mathematics becomes more alive, vibrant, relevant and meaningful; a program that paves the way to seek and understand the world around them.
- To create, discover and disseminate mathematics on a broad front.
- To promote the realistic growth of women in all frontiers of life and empower them to be agents of liberative transformation and mathematical proficiency.
- To provide an environment where students can learn and become competent users of mathematics and mathematical application.
- To contribute to the development of students as mathematical thinkers, enabling them to become lifelong learners, to continue to grow in their chosen professions, and to function as productive citizens.
- To extend the frontier of mathematical knowledge by producing quality research with original results and by collaborating with other disciplines.
Head of the Department
Dr. Vijayalakshmi. B
Associate Prof., M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
|Semester||Course Code||Name of the Course||L:T:P||Credits||CIA Marks||ESE||Total Marks|
|M-CC-04||Numerical Analysis-I with MATLAB Programming||4:0:2||5||30+15||70+35||150|
|M-SC- 01||Soft Course||2||1||15||35||50|
|CDP Evaluated in II Sem|
|M-CC-07||Ordinary Differential Equations||4:0:2||5||30+15||70+35||150|
|M-SC- 02||Soft Course||2||1||15||35||50|
|CDP Evaluated in II Sem||2||50||50|
|M-EC-02||Partial differential equations||4:0:2||5||30+15||70+35||150|
|M-IMC- 01||Inter/Multidisciplinary Course||2||1||15||35||50|
|IV||M-EC-05||Measure and Integration||4:0:2||5||30+15||70+35||150|
|M-EC-07||Elective Paper III||4:0:0||4||30||70||100|
M.Sc students are given an opportunity to take up summer internships in association with Companies, industries and institutes such as DELL, Microsoft, City bank, NAL, Bosch, IISC, ISRO,TIFR Pramarta etc.
Students are well placed in Academic Institutes/ Industry/ Company / Research as in the following DELL, Cognizant, Microsoft, IBM, AXA Life insurance, Earnst and Young, IIT, Bangalore university, International schools .
- GT Enterprises
- Government Science College
- Bangalore University