Nano Science & Technology
The Department of Nanoscience and Technology was established in 2010. This PG program is supported by UGC under the Innovative Program Scheme-UGC XI plan. Under the school of Natural and Applied Sciences, the department provides the M.Sc. Nanoscience and Technology course. To meet the needs of industry and research, the programme is designed to provide in-depth knowledge in the different domains of Nano synthesis, Nano characterizations, Nanobiotechnology, Nanomedicine, Nano sensors, Nanofood, Nanotextiles, and Lithography. It is a research oriented curriculum with internship and placement opportunities with renowned industries and research institutes.
The Department envisions to impart a career-oriented education to enable and empower the youth.
To impart a firm theoretical foundation together with excellent practical training in the area of synthesis , characterization of nanomaterials and fabrication of nanodevices.
Head of the Department
Dr. N. Pradeep, Associate Prof, M.Sc, M.Tech., Ph.D.
2021 - 2022
- Webinar on the title of “Nanosensers basics and its applications” that will be held on 08TH Apr 2022- delivered by , Dr.Uma.V, Former Research Director, Mount Carmel College, Bangalore.
- One Day hands on Training workshop on Synthesis of Nanostructured Materials on 30th April 2022 for External Students.
- Hands on training on synthesis of nanostructured materials -1, 26th AUG 2022 for M.sc Biotechnology students ,Mount Carmel College, Autonomous.
- Hands on training on synthesis of nanostructured materials -2, 2nd September 2022 for M.Sc Biochemistry students ,Mount Carmel College, Autonomous.
2020 - 2021
- Internship Training Program and Consultancy on Nanotechnology 2021 -From 15th Nov to 19th Nov 2021 for External Students & Research scholars.
- “Webinar on Nanotechnology- 1) “Laser processing to fabricate micro/nano functional surfaces” on 26th March 2022. delivered by Dr. Arthanari srinivasan, Chungnam National University, Korea 2) Nanomaterials for Medical Implant Application , delivered by Dr S. Gnanavel, SRM Institute of Science Technology, Chennai.
2019 - 2020
- Conducted workshops for final year UG students – 40 students from MCC participated One day Workshop on Fundamentals of Nanoscience & Technology on 11th January 2020.
- Conducted workshops for final year UG students – 30 students various colleges participated One day workshop on Fundamentals of Nanoscience & Technology on 20th February 2020.
- Department Exhibition conducted on the title of “Recent developments in the Nanoscience and Nanotechnology and Newsletter – Nanochronicle, 2nd Issue released on 28th Feb 2020.
- Alumni Webinar Series Organized by Department of Nanoscience& Technology On 29th June & 1st July 2020- delivered by Dr. Itika Kainthla, Belgium, Dr. Sara Thomas,Autralia, Ms. Anitha Shiva, Germany.
2017 – 2018
- Two Day Training Program on “Introduction to Nanoscience & Nanotechnology” in collaboration with Indian Academy Degree College, Bengaluru, on 7th and 8th February, 2018.
- International conference on Technology in redefining health (ICONTRH), 21st to 23rd November, 2017.
2016 – 2017
- Extension Program to create awareness on the facilities available in our college science departments for students of Govt. College Hosakote and Govt. College, Nelamangala.
- INSPIRE, Science Camp, sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, for 150 students, 17th to 21st October, 2016.
2015 – 2016
- National Conference on “Nano Science- A multidisciplinary Approach”, 10th and 11th February, 2016.
- Hands-on workshop on optical fiber communication, 4th and 5th December, 2015.