Department of Travel & Tourism, Mount Carmel College Bengaluru is proud to provide Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism Administration (PGDTA). MCC is the First College in Bangalore to provide PGDTA course in Tourism. Successful students can enrol for International Twinning Programme in Tourism Management on securing 75% and above marks, will get lateral entry into final year of M.Sc in Tourism Management at Binary University Malaysia. It is an International Twinning programme and Binary University Kuala Lumpur Malaysia will award the Master’s Degree to Students on successful completion of the course as optional benefits for students who wish to convert their Post Graduate Diploma course to a PG course of Global University.
Our goal is to prepare the girls for future career options in:
- Writing for the Media
- Professional Creative Writing
- Media Production
- Web Content Development
- Management: Media Management, and Production Management
- Corporate Communications, including HR & PR
The admission decision is based on an evaluation of all application materials submitted by the student and an interview process.
All previous academic records & current resume.
The applicant should have successfully completed an Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 50%.
Course Duration One Year ( Two Semesters)
Fee Structure The tuition fees for the course is Rs. 75,000/-
Application Fee 500/-
Selection Procedure Walk in Interview
Dr. Lalitha Krishnamurthy,
HOD & Associate Professor
Department of Travel & Tourism
Phone No: 9972477068
2017 – 2018
- Talk by Dr Shashi Tharoor, MP, on: ‘Colonialism has left our shores, but not our imaginations: Where are we heading?’on 22nd July 2017 in association with Explore Karnataka Foundation.
- #JetSetVote for first-year Journalism students: This was part of one of India’s largest voter awareness campaigns till date, supported wholly by the Election Commission of India, to make voting fun, interesting and engaging.
- Workshop on the ‘I paid a bribe’ campaign in association with Janaagraha for first-year BCom, BBA and BMTT students, 31st August 2017.
- Centre for Community Dialogue and Change organised a workshop on the Theatre of the Oppressed for third year journalism students in December 2017.
- Film screening Namma Gauri and panel discussion on Violence against Women for I Year BA/BSc students, February 2018.
2016 – 2017
- International Conference TEJ 2017 on “ASIA’S TOURISM POTENTIAL – PATH TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT”.
2015 – 2016
- Panel Discussion on Corruption in association with Janaagraha.
- Panel Discussion on Land Acquisition Act.
- Documentary Workshop by MediaGhar.
- Photography Workshop by Hellmuth Conz.
- Web Design and Layout Workshop by Nawaz Ahmed.
- Immersion program me by Nielson
- Workshop on the Theatre of the Oppressed by Centre for Community Dialogue & Change.
- Workshop on Video Editing.
- Workshop on Page layout & Design by AK Sharma.
- Photo Journalism lecture series by Gopinathan, former Chief Photographer, The Hindu.
- Career Awareness Lecture series by Media Professionals for final year students.
- Consumer Insights Symposium in Association with Media Research Company, Nielson on 6th Feb, 2014.
- National Parliamentary Debate – from 15th to 18th Aug, 2013.
- One-day State Level Seminar of Empowerment of Women, “Shakti” on 17th February, 2014.