Department of Political Science was established in the year 1948. In terms of both teaching and research in the field, Department of Political Science has an outstanding reputation. It easily ranks as one of the greatest departments in the nation because of its extremely high potential for academic growth and faculty members who are well-known for their research and teaching skills. The expansion of the Department has occurred at the same time that the field of political science has progressed from a limited body of legal and institutional knowledge to a more extensive social science that integrates and explores sociological, economic, philosophical, and cultural dimensions and, as a result, is better equipped to a constructive study of politics with a great emphasis on the reality of India.
- To promote active citizenship and civic consciousness.
- To achieve a high level of academic excellence and value-based learning.
- To develop an inter-disciplinary perspective for strengthening Civil Society.
- To participate in the process of democratization and empowerment at different levels.
- To comprehend the basic structures and Processes of Government systems and theoretical underpinnings.
- To Analyze Political and policy problems and formulate policy options.
- To use electronic and traditional library recourses to research key local, state, national and international policy issues, and present results.
Head of the Department
Ms. Alice Mathew M.A., M.Phil.
Email : email@example.com
Dual Major Program
- Publications in various UGC recognized Journals.
- Students have bagged ‘The Teach for India’ Fellowship.
- Collaboration with NGO, Janaagraha.
- Have set up a JaagteRaho Club in Mount Carmel College, to encourage students to register in the voter’s list in collaboration with BBMP and State Election Commission.
- Completed UGC Minor Research Projects titled “Reshaping and Restructuring governance in Karnataka” and “Impact of E-Governance in Karnataka”.
- Students have cleared the UPSC and KPSC.
- Students are pursing Masters and Ph.D in universities abroad and Central Universities in India.
- Students are placed in well established companies like Google, Amazon, Ernst and Young, QALARA, Jard Education, Evolve Back Resort, SKolar, Aditi Consulting etc.
- Department has been bringing out bi-weekly News Edition “The Common Man”, since 15th August, 2020. It highlights the national and international news . The department also brings out Annual Newsletter ‘Lyceum’.
Ms. Alice Mathew
HOD & Associate Professor
Dr. Rukmini Kakoty
Dr. George Dimitrov