MOTHER MARY MEMORIAL HOSTEL FOR WOMEN
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The hostel is under the direct control of the Warden subject to the Principal.
- Applicants to the hostel, if selected, will pay their fees in the Bank on the day of admission.
- The parents and guardian will be present with the students on the day of the interview, No admission can be made in their absence.
- Students will occupy the room allotted to them, No change can be made without the express permission of the Warden.
- Students who have no local guardian need not apply.
- Food will be available in the Hostel.
- Students once admitted are expected to abide by the rules of the college hostel. They will take all their college tests and examinations, and attend classes regularly. They are liable to forfeit their seat in the hostel for non-compliance.
- The local guardian will periodically enquire into the ward’s conduct and performance, taking whatever action is deemed fit.
- Students are expected to be modest and neat in dress.
- Students are not permitted to use the mobile phone after 8.30 p.m. If anyone is found to violate this rule, she will be punished accordingly. College rules regarding mobile phone apply to the hostel students as well.
- Wi-Fi facilities will be available from 5.00 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Students provide themselves with mattress or quilt, bed linen, mosquito net, plate, cup and saucer, tumbler, spoon, fork, knife and teaspoon of stainless steel with initials punched.
- No food will be carried to the hostel room.
- Attendance at Mass and Rosary is expected of Catholic students, except if ill.
- All hostelites are advised to switch off fans and lights before leaving the room. Electricity and water charges to be paid as per the meter reading fixed for individual rooms by the 5th of each month.
- Strict silence will be observed in the hostel during study hours 8.30 pm to 11 pm and on holidays between a am to 11.30 am and 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm.
- Birthday celebration shall not continue after 8.00 pm.
- Hostelites including those who avail the facility of coaching classes are required to be back to the hostel by 7.00 pm every day. No excuse shall be entertained.
- Hostelites are not allowed to carry the hostel newspapers to the rooms.
- Hostel students will participate in the social service program organized by the authorities on the campus.
- Students can leave the campus only with the permission of the Warden. They will not be allowed to spend weekends with their friends and relatives or go out visiting except with the prior written permission of their parents or guardians. They may spend one week-end a month with their guardians.
- To leave the hostel host elite has to give one month notice and parent’s permission is necessary.
- Students shall submit at the beginning of the year a visitor’s list signed by the parents. The visiting hours mentioned below will be strictly adhered to: 4.30 – 6.30 pm.
- Students will meet their visitors only in the College Campus. On no account can they be taken to their rooms or inside the hostel. This rule applies to day students as well.
- Students shall vacate the hostel on the closing day or the next day. They are not allowed to spend the vacation in the hostel.
- Students should keep no money or valuables in their room. The authorities accept no responsibility if such money or articles are lost.
- No bazaar men, hawkers and the like will be permitted to enter the hostel premises.
- Hostelites shall not address the students, put up notices or circulate books, pamphlets and papers without the permission of the Warden.
- The Warden can carry out surprise check of the room/s any time.
- Cleanliness and gentility must be observed everywhere in the hostel. Students will keep their rooms, books, beds and surroundings clean and tidy. No waste paper or hair combings should be thrown on the floor or out of the windows.
- Defacing the walls or doors, damaging the furniture or any kind of destruction is punishable (with a fine) individually or collectively if the person at fault is not traceable.
- Calendars, photographs, pictures should not be stuck on the walls/doors of the rooms.
- No Cooking/No Ironing in the hostel rooms.
- Every student shall deem it her duty to do her best towards the maintenance of discipline, peace and harmony in the hostel. Senior students should consider themselves responsible for this and set good example to juniors.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the hostel.
- The hostel prize for good conduct academic performance, discipline and cleanliness will be awarded annually on the opinion of the Principal and the Warden.
|TIMETABLE ON WORKING DAYS
|7.15 a.m. – 8.00 a.m.
|12.20 p.m. – 1.00 p.m.
|5.00 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
|7.00 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
||Rosary and Night Prayers
Note: Strict action will be taken against those who do not abide by the rules and regulations of the hostel. Decision of the Principal with the respect to any matter related to the hostel will be final, and abiding on all.
Contact: Sr. Jessy Ansu
Ph. No. : 080 – 22380947